Does ovulation start when you start bleeding or before you start bleeding?

I know I should know this, but I don't. My hubby and I ar trying to get pregnant and there are so many terms for so many different things that I just wanted to know if your egg comes down before or when you start to bleed. I know this should be common knowledge, but hey, I'm not perfect! The last 3 pregnancies I've had were not planned, but much welcomed, so this time we are actually trying to get pregnant and didn't realize just how hard it is to time it right! We have been trying for 4 months now and no such luck yet! So we are trying to learn exactly how my body works and functions during my fertile times. I was never one of those women who kept track of he period- if it came, it came- LOL! Anyway, I had a thick cervical mucus last night, so this morning we tried for another one...hopefully a girl- we have 3 boys! Any suggestions and wisdom are much welcomed!

environmentalpa

Asked by environmentalpa at 12:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• go to fertilityfriend.com . It is defiunitely in depth. You ovulate 2 weeks before you start your period, it takes that time to travel down the tube and go toyour uterus and signal to your brain that an egg is not fertalized to start your period. I used the website to get my girls, there is something about if you try a few dys before you ovulate then you are more likely to get a girl, but who knows, I am having 2 girls though and that is what I used. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A fellow CM introduced me to MyMonthCycles.com. You can keep track of your period and when you are most fertile on there. It is several days before your period starts.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I usually start on or around the 27th of the month, so do you think it being the 26th today that it was too late to try for a girl? That was what we were trying to do by trying before my period to get a girl. Also we had relations about 2 weeks ago as well. I had read that when your cervical mucus is thick that that is the best time to get prego. So how long DOES it take for sperms to swim and reach the egg? I will check out the websites! Thankyou!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 12:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If you have a normal 28 day cycle you should Ovulate around day 14 (day one is the first day of your period)...but, you should bd 2-3 days before O to catch the egg on O day. You want the sperm already up there and waitting for the egg release. Once you O it is too late.

Try an ovulation predictor kit and that will help you to figure out when you O. When you get a positive ovulation test, you will O within 12-36 hours. So as soon as you get a +, get busy.
    susanna71

Answer by susanna71 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We tried 2 weeks ago and now I am one day from my usual date of my period- any chance that I would have gotten prego back then? I guess I'll know if I don't start my period, eh? LOL!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 2:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• "So as soon as you get a +, get busy."

LOL! Yeah...
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 2:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You can get on Google and put in OVULATION CALENDER and once that pops up you put in when you had your first full day period,some women think if they start the middle of the day then they count that---NO-- you start the day of your full period, the ovulation calender will tell you when you start to ovulate and so on,take it from there and see how it goes,or you can start by counting 13 days from the first day of your period and then try for a baby,thats how I ended up having my son,my husband came home from work early and well, we have a 7 1/2 year old LOL.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2009