• In the Spotlight:

Would you personally spend money that you don’t have?

Why do you allow our government to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. But I think they're different. What would I spend it on? Clothes, shoes, a house?

Government is spending it to try to fix the country. If to can create jobs and get the economy pumping again I think it's very different than if I were to spend money I didn't have.

That's a great question though.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Considering my husband and I are 27 and debt free with a house, 2 cars and 2 kids, almost 3 college degrees and me being a stay at home mom then I would say no, we do not spend money we don't have. It would be nice if the gov't could make a budget and then stick to it.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• People do all the time-its called "credit" and "credit cards"-I am sure that the majority of people here are guilty of spending money on things less important.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why didn't sdomebody stop Bush?
    Anonymous

______________

Word. Credit cards are the devil.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Why is the fact that no one had the guts to stop Bush some kind of excuse for no one having the balls to speak out against Obama
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Because, ya know. I went there yesterday. Yup, I showed up at the White House Door, bright and early yesterday AM. I tried to talk to them and tell them I wouldn't allow it, and do you know what happened??

I spent yesterday in jail. Yup, I did. But, I did tell them that some moronic people from cafemom thought that just one person could change the government.

Do you know what they did?

They told me to move to Mexico or Canada. Yup, they did.

So, my question for you is... why don't you go try it tomorrow morning. K???
    Anonymous

• LOL @ Word.

I agree with JackalsWife. Personal is personal, the government is trying to deal with issues that concern more than just me. It only effects me if I spend my money the way I want.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No, it just leads to debt. Problem with our government is they all get their share first before anyone who really needs it . They never should have given the bailouts to any of the companies as these companies have proven they are greedy and irrresponsible.all the bailouts in the world cant fix or prevent corruption.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Nope. We are not a typical American family with 10k+ in debt. We live way below on means on half my husbands salary actually. Have done this since he was only making 35k a year. It was not always easy but it has allowed us to pay cash for our cars and home. Maybe those of us whole live debt free and frugally should be in charge of the finances. They are doing a terrible job and it makes me sick.
    Anonymous