37 Weeks pregnant with 4cm dialation, will doctors induce?

Will doctors induce you if your at 4cm dialated while at 37weeks...NO im not 4cm dilated..im only 2cm...but i was just wondering..like if labor was REALLY REALLY REALLY slow..becasue i heard they dont send you home once your 4cm dilated..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think if u made it to 4 alone u could make it to 10 alone to.
    Anonymous

• o okay..lol sorry im a first time mom..i have NO idea about that much haha
    Anonymous

• Shoot...I was 4cm dilated at 36 weeks with the first two and I was sent home from the office. I was also induced at 39 weeks because they were suspected to be large....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Nope....I was 4cm for weeks
    Anonymous

• i was induced @ 37 weeks and i was 4cm dilated, it never progressed that's why they induced me the next morning & yes, i had a big baby 9lbs 3oz
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I've been induced and gone natural, and trust me you do not want to be induced unless it is medically necessary. I know at the end it is hard to wait, but being induced hurts like hell and raises the odds that you will need other interventions or a C-section. Just be patient!!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• no 37 weeks they wont enduce now if your a 4 and stuck there and you are 40 + weeks then ya they may help push you the rest of the way but not at 37
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It depends on the doctor but unless they found risk to the baby or myself in anyway, I wouldn't want to be induced.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A good doctor will NOT induce you at 37 weeks, no matter what you are dilated! Some women apparently have bad doctors.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• riotgrrl                   i totally agree with you with my first baby i was induced and  got drugs it was terrible and with my second he was all natural and SOOOO much better.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009