Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Continued

He stole my cell phone, took my SIM card out and put his in. Now there is nothing I can do except report it stolen and buy another one. I told him that phone was my life line. It has everything in it (phone numbers, appointments, etc). Another example, I allowed my male cousin, his baby mama and their son to move in with me. I put them out a month later because they weren't paying their bills, they didn't clean up and he was selling drugs. When I put them out, him, her and another one of my cousins (female) jumped me and stole my cell phone. I am so depressed right now. I wanna just go swallow a bunch of pills, jump off the top of a building or something. I have been ignoring my son, not showing him the love that he needs. I don't know what to do. My son just wants to cuddle with me and I keep pushing him away. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• People can only use you if you allow them to use you. The reason we allowed ourselves to be used is that we hope someone will allow us to "use" them if we need to. This is not a healthy way to live, as you have no doubt figured out. Only the people who love you for who you are are worth keeping around. If all they care about is what you can and will do for them, then you are only enabling them to remain shiftless. So I suggest you start by loving yourself enough to put a stop to every Tom, Dick, and Harry from moving into your house and stealing from you. Change the locks on your doors and don't even let them in. Learn to be discerning about the motives of people and stop thinking that maybe some of these people might help you if you needed help. Depression is anger turned inward. You are mad at the wrong people. You should be mad at yourself, and that you can do something about. The others you cannot.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Is there a reason you don't report these people to the police?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Every heard the saying, "the people you love the most are the ones that will hurt you the deepest"? This is true and sometimes you have to distance yourself from friends and family if they are having a negative influence in your life. I really don't have any advice on what you should do but I think you need a new set of friends and I don't think it would hurt for you to seek therapy for yourself. You are going through a lot and it helps to have someone to talk to about situations in your life and how it makes you feel. You may be able to see things more clearly by talking to someone who is not in the situation. GL

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Family or not I would call the effin cops on em and you sound like you really need your sons comfort and he's just trynna cheer you up because he knows when yoou're hurting because you two are so close so don't push him away you really need him right now. When my babys father upsets me (which is alot) my daughter tries to comfort me and it actually works she'll give me a kiss and hug me until I stop crying. she just did this last night too when I got in a fight with my bd and she knows its only him that always hurts me. I am so sorry though and I hope things get better.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• WHAT!!!!!!!! did you say u r 8 weeks pregnant and these assholes jumped u???????? why are you not reporting this? CALL THE COPS! then listen to what NannyB said!

staci328

Answer by staci328 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• First hug your son, you need a hug and so does he. Right now it sounds like you've only got each other. Secondly you need to report the the criminals, they stopped being family when they jumped you. Besides reporting the criminals there isn't much else to do except move forward. Stop saying yes to losers and say yes to you and your sons peace of mind and SAFETY!!!!

Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree. Please cuddle with your little one and be there for him. Do not ever, ever let anyone else in your lives like that any longer. You are his protector, his rock. Stand up and say "NO MORE".
    When you have friendships where things are expected of you then its not really a friendship. Friends don't take tallies, friends provide comfort and joy and wither the storms with you. They most definately don't cause them and if they do they quickly make amends. Right now take care of you and love that baby because they grow up fast.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2009