I usually start my period on or around the 27th of each month and we tried for a girl pregnancy...

...is the day before your period usually too late for the girl theory pregnancy? I have 3 boys and I REALLY want a girl!

environmentalpa

Asked by environmentalpa at 12:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's 50/50 every time
    Anonymous

• I think so. I think you have to do it like the first day or two of ovulation. It worked for me atleast. I also did some of these old wives tales to get my girl since I had 2 boys already...
    put a wooden spoon under your bed, put a pink ribbon under your pillow, move your bed so that your head is facing in the south direction, don't have an orgasm when trying to conceive this girl, let him do all the work and lastly...lay flat w/a pillow under your behind after sex for atleast 30 min. Sounds silly but it did work for me! Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You usually ovulate mid cycle. You most likely will not get pg (boy or girl) 1 day before your period.
    susanna71

Answer by susanna71 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You need to be baby dancing two or three days before ovulation. Boy sperm swims quicker than girl sperm but girl sperm live longer. The theory is that you do the deed two days before you ovulate. The boy sperm die off and so there are more girls to fertilse the egg when it is released.
    Do you usually ovulate the day before your period starts? That seems to be an unsual cycle. You can only conceieve around ovulation which is usually in the middle of your cycle. I, for exmple have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14. The day before my period started would be way way to late for me to concieve a boy or a girl. If you really want to use this form of gender determinatin you should try cycle plotting websites, ovulation kits so you know when in your cycle you ovulate and google 'the shettles method'.
    mummy2tristan

Answer by mummy2tristan at 2:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• susanna71, thanks...I was confused on the whole egg, ovulation thing. Got it now.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 2:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2009