Does anyone have any magic tricks for potty training?

ILoveTheBeach

Asked by ILoveTheBeach at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• M&M's- i told my self that i would not bribe my kid with candy to go potty- but thats what worked. If I tell her "do you have to go potty" she'll say no. If I ask her "do you want to go potty for an M&M- shes all over it and will run to the bathroom, and guess what she pottys. i don't know man- it worked for me.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My son loved to aim for cheerios
    Anonymous

• Not really, no.
    The more ready a child, the quicker he or she will learn. The less ready, the slower and longer the process. Also, it is a YEARS long process, with many set backs and regressions. Expecting your child to be fully potty trained in a few days or weeks is setting everyone up for failure. And don't forget - night time dryness has NOTHING to do with daytime training. Many kids wet the bed until 6 or later.

Every child responds to different things.
    Some will really respond to the "These are big kid undies, don't get the Princesses (or Cars) wet. They won't like it." trick. Some don't care.
    Some do well with begin taken to the potty at set times all day long. Some hate it.
    Some treat pullups like diapers. Some love the "big kid" feel.
    Some will wet or poop in anything that is on their bottom and respond to the naked approach best. Some do well going straight into undies.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• try a piggy bank let your child see the pennys and let them watch you go potty then put a penny in the piggy bank 1 for potty 2 for the bm
    Anonymous

• anon 1:51 PM - thats a great Idea!!! Im gonna try it.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2009