Orange Poop?

When I first had my son I can remember him having little orange crystals in his diaper when he peed and we were told it was from his jaundice. I now have a little girl, who was also born with jaundice, and her last two poopy diapers both were orange rather than the greenish-yellow she's been having. I just wondered if it could also be from the jaundice in her system finally being pushed out. Has anyone had an infant with jaundice and experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, as they poop, the bilirubin leaves their body. It can result in orange/red poop and/or orange urine.
    Anonymous

• Mine was jaundice at it was more like watery black and green poo...no orange. Call your doctor if you're worried.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My son's poop changed colors a lot. His pediatrician said it was very normal
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No, not worried. Just hoping it is the jaundice leaving her system. I'm used to the wide range of colored poop from my first child, lol, so the color does not bother me, just wondering if that could be what's causing it. She had another test today (poor baby, so tired of them cutting her little heels) so hopefully the score comes back lower!
    Anonymous