weight?

this is my 2nd pregnancy and with both I had hyperemisis (severe morning sickness) and the first time my previous doctor said there was nothing I could do but wait it out so I was in the hospital 4 times in the first 3 months for dehydration and didn't eat or drink anything for the first three months hardly....but I still gained weight. I ended up gaining 51 lbs total with that pregnancy and lost all but ten pounds post partum. Now I am pregnant again and my current doctor said there was no reason for me to be that sick for three months that it wasn't healthy for the baby and he prescribed me Zofran which really really helped because instead of puking 25-30 times a day I get sick about 4 times a week but when I went to my appointment and they said I had lost five pounds since getting pregnant. I know it's probably not a big deal but i am still worried and I don't feel like I am gaining anything but I am showing....advice?

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• btw I am 11 1/2 weeks
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• it isnt anything to worry about . i lost 13 lbs my first trimester now im up 23 lbs . i wouldnt worry about it , if the dr isnt worried then i wouldnt either:)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i gained 47lbs with my first and lost 15 after the baby and when i got pregnant this time i lost 15 lbs and then i started gaining...i have gained 40 so far and i have another month
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I didn't have severe morning sickness, mostly just nausea and no appetite, and I ended up losing 7 pounds in the first trimester. The baby will get what it needs before your body gets what you need, so take comfort that the baby really is not hurting for anything. And there really isn't anything you can do. Eat as nutritionally as you can, and eventually you will start gaining weight, but it's not imperative this early in your pregnancy. As long as your doctor isn't concerned, there's no reason for you to be. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I gained 30 and 25 with both previous pregnancies. I went to the ob yesterday and have only gained 11 so far, I'm 34 weeks. The baby is growing and the heartbeat sounds good so he said not to worry.
    Anonymous