Lunches for hubby

My husband is a carpenter and works out side most of the time. I always pack him sandwiches, yogurt, or fruit and chips. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions of something other than sandwiches I could make for his lunch that would be safe in a cooler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My husband is a carpenter and he takes sandwiches and I make them in a variety of ways and use different types of bread.
    Also different pasta salads, tuna or salmon spread on crackers, veggies, hardboiled eggs already peeled so he doesn't have to. No telling what his hands are like, lol!
    Fruit cups and plenty of little debbie snack cakes.
    Also fried chicken from kfc or the deli and potato salad
    I also keep a giant ziplock filled with plasticware
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The always cook enough food for dinner that he can take the leftovers for lunch the next day.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Do some lunchables for him there not just for kids.. LOL Gaterad for sure, those tuna salad with crakers and all in the box... They have chicken to.. anything he can eat right out of the can, soup,veggies..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Depending on his attitude toward eating normally hot foods cold, he could take leftover meatloaf, fried chicken or pizza. Same with ribs, pork chops, etc. My parents often will take leftover ribs to work and eat them cold. My kids have eaten burritos and fajitas cold, they claim they are good (those are two things I can't bring myself to eat cold, so I can only tell you what they say. lol). Also, if he eats it, something my mom turned me on to is Chicken in a bicuit crackers with aerosol cheese, both usually found in the cracker aisle. Those don't even need a cooler. Leftover popcorn, wouldn't have butter, but not bad.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• He usually takes sandwiches and chips, cup o'noodles or left overs.
    Anonymous