Do you or your husband have an accent?

I'm from upstate NY and I have an accent and my SO rags on me for it.. I was wondering if anyone else has this situation where their SO is from somewhere else and thinks you talk with an accent.

Oh and for those of you who don't know, I don't talk like Fran Drescher the Nanny, my accent is more like Sarah Palin's.

Mom2vanna

Asked by Mom2vanna at 1:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband has a Western NY accent and I have an Ohioan accent.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Don't we all have accents?
    Anonymous

• I don't notice either of us having an accent anymore. The years we spent in Cali rid us of our southern accent for the most part. We are in North Dakota now and have avoid the accent they have here. It is not easy since their accents are very strong.
    Anonymous

• My husbnad is from Mass. (Boston) so he has an accent, and I'm from Ga. and I have a Southern accent and say Ya'll and ain't.lol I get picked on when I go see his family alot and he picks on me but I think their ALL funny. We some times pick on each other and diagree on who is more different, or stranger. LOL Oh and we live in Fla.lol
    mika0216

Answer by mika0216 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have a very strong southern accent. My husband says nothing but when we visit family in Iowa, they always say something.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my husband and i are from different places but have the same kinda accent lol . southern thick and very obvious lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We know you really talk like Fran.....
    I am from Jersey and I hear it all the time with the accent and funny enough my
    fiance is from South Jersey..
    Not for nothing I like the way I
    talllllkkk
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I am Southern and do not have an accent.. until I have a few bourbons..

I talked myself out of an accent so to speak.. and traveling extensively can help you rid an accent..

My EX had a South African accent.. drove me nuts..

Now I have a nice Ohio boy.. who says Pop instead of Soda! too cute..:)
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Nope, we are both west coasters by birth so we dont really have accents.

Others might think we do but its not something we hear much about.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Hubby is from Cali, I'm from Georgia. There are certain things that I say that really is Southern sounding and he makes sure to point those out. But, I just remind him of when he had surgery and was waking up from the anesthesia that he suddenly developed an extremely strong one out of nowhere! It was absolutely hilarious!!!! But, other than those few things, we pretty much sound the same
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009