Baby massage

My son is two months and I was thinking of giving him a little massage to help calm him during his fussy time, which is getting worse. Have any of you tried baby massage and do you have any tips or advice?

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 1:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there's a right way or a wrong way, necessarily. Just nice touches on the belly, arms, and legs
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I give my son a massage every night after his bath and it helps him to sleep through the night. I start with rubbing his tummy in a downward motions to help encourage a good digestive system then I gently stroke his legs in a downward motion. Then his feet... I "walk" my thumbs up his feet. Then I rub his temples and jaw and last I rub his back. It takes about 10 minutes total and I swear by it!
    kat5pnt0

Answer by kat5pnt0 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I am a massage therapist and I swear this is one of the best ways to bond with your baby. Really it comes natural. If you feel you need technique there are several DVDs out about it that are very helpful. Just have it be a quiet time for you and your baby. He will love it! But always keep the area you are doing it warm. You can do it over the clothes just as easy but my baby loves skin to skin. Just keep the area very warm so they are not uncomfortable.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009