SAHM: what is your typical day like?

For me everyday is basically the same: Wake up permantely at around 9-10 (wake up several times before that but baby and I usually fall back asleep) Play with him for a while (like an hour) pitter-patter around the house (house chores), go online to do schoolwork or surf the web. Around 1 he takes his nap, pitter patter some more if it needs to be done, do more schoolwork/web surfing, or cuddle up in bed with him. Around 3 we take our daily walk which is about an hour. Come back and get dinner started.

Thats basically what I every single day. What about you?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• up at six get every one else of to school and to work. feed the baby clean do laundry make phone calls play with baby pick up after her. do more laundry pick up again after teh baby. figure out what i am having for dinner once again pick up after baby lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Wake up at 630 when DH leaves for work (though I'll never tell him I do bc he thinks its crazy for us to get up before the baby wakes us up) Clean anything that needs to be done, get online and do random stuff til about 830 to start making DS breakfast wake DS up at 9 to eat and then play with him til about 12 (today he is doing 'manly things' with my brother so I'm bored) He's eating lunch now and then will take his nap and I will sew and get working on my business stuff. Dinner is at 6 then bath and play til 830 DS goes to bed and I go back to 'work'
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• up at 6:30...supervise 3 kids in getting dressed, leave at 7:30, drop off 2 to one school and 1 to another school, come home and let 3 yr old watch cartoons while I catch up on email....We sometimes go to walmart, run errands, ect. Pick up 2 kids at 3 come home and wait for daddy to get home at 3:30. Kids do their own thing until 5, then we pick up older daughter from track practice and we sometimes have baseball...ect...just the normal.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Get up with son at 7 have breakfast get ready for the day and school, drop off son at school come home do chores rest (because I'm pregnant) go pick up son from school do homework with him clean a little more son plays outside while I get dinner ready, touch up make up before DH comes home (I like looking fresh faced for him) sit down for dinner, play with whole family son gets ready for bed at 715 then has a story goes to sleep at 815, DH and I hang out then go to bed at like midnight
    Anonymous

• Get up around 7 to make hubby breakfast before he goes to work. Feed baby and let her nap until 10 or 11, feed her again. Make hubby some lunch around noon. Pick up around the house and check email and stuff online, maybe watch a little TV. Around 2 Im finally hungry enough to eat. Keep doing things around the house Ive been meaning to get done, and shower, maybe play some video games and go online again, maybe take a nap til hubby gets home. Watch TV until I cook dinner, then we find something on TV we both like to watch until we go to sleep, all the meanwhile playing with and feeding the baby.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I feel lazy being a SAHM, we have it sooo easy. I desperatly want a job. I hate that i sit on my ass all day. I think I would be a better mom working. Im out to find a job today. I have gained weight since being a SAHM cuz im bored and lazy.
    Anonymous

• Get up at 7, get myself awake and drink coffee. Baby wakes up around 730-830, feed her, let her play for awhile, feed her again, and put her down for a nap around 10-11. Do my own thang for a couple of hours, then she wakes up around 2 usually. Feed her, do tummy time, back time, feed her again, let her watch Baby Einstein so I can get a shower or start dinner or both. Daddy comes home and takes over for awhile, then start bedtime routine around 7, baby in bed by 8. Mommy and Daddy time til 10, hehe, then go to sleep! And start all over again!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Today's schedule:

5am wake up...coffee, computer time, news time
    6:30am shower, dressed done by 7 when the boys usually get up (my husband usually has gotten them when they wake up while I'm in the shower)
    7:30am...breakfast
    boys cleaned up, dressed for the day, laundry started, breakfast dishes done, kitchen cleaned up
    10:30...speech therapy for the second oldest
    11:15...speech therapy for the youngest
    11-11:30...feed lunches around therapy
    Noon...leave to take oldest to preschool
    12:30...home and put youngest down for nap
    12:30-2:30..nap for youngest, rest for second oldest, rest or chores for me (today was phone calls)
    2:30 get youngest up from nap and leave to get oldest from school at 3
    3:30 home
    play, discuss school day, watch some TV
    4:30 start supper
    5:30 eat supper
    6pm...dishes, clean kitchen, vacuum
    6:30 ish..Daddy's home from work
    7-8 is pajama time (showers i
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's like mud. Some days I'm stuck it in and other days I'm making patties. LOL Routine-wise. I try to keep myself to one (loosely) but still keep one. I find that with house, home, dogs, kids, errands, bills, groceries, yadda, yadda, there is always something that needs focusing on - so I schedule just the same as I would when I was working. Plumber today, pay cable this afternoon, just normal schedule. But housekeeping is always done in the evening. Don't know why, guess that's left over from all the years I worked and cleaned house in the evening. I'm more motivated to housework later in the day.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• continued

.7-8...(showers if needed) relax with daddy and bed

That's just today, though....we have other things on other days.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2009