copywriting rates

I am slowly (very slowly) expanding my business as a copywriter to include some ad agencies and such. The books give you an outline of what most writers charge, but they always seem very high to me for the most part. I was going to choose the lower end of that spetrum, but geez... I have no idea what to charge! I don't live in a huge city, but I deal with a lot of people in big cities. Do I charge more or less for each client depending on location, or do I just lower my rates and hope that brings in more business? I also need tips on what exactly a portfolio should be put together and how much I'd need to have in it before I begin prospecting. Hmmm.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• No answers yet