Do I want to freeze ground beef That is already cooked? or use it up today?

To make meal prep faster I like to fry up ground beef and store it in the fridge. This week though I might have over did it. I still have 3 lbs left and it's been, well today is day 3

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Make hamburger patties and freeze them. Make a meatloaf and freeze it or a big batch of meatballs, bake, cool and freeze. Then you can just toss the meatballs in sauce as it is cooking.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think 3 days is almost pushin' it as far as how long it stays good in the fridge, I would try to use it tonight.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I'm kind of thinking the same thing, maybe even try to find room in the freezer. It's already cooked so i can just use it frozen as well, right?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Even if its cooked you can freeze it. My mother used to all the time and none of us ever got sick your had any problems.
    Anonymous

• i get the big 10 lb packs and cook it all up and freeze it in ziplock bags. just use it with in the next 2 mo. makes dinner go so much faster.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009