What happens at the six week check-up after you have your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They ask you how you're feeling, weigh you and that's about it lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They will talk to you about your post-partum symptoms, assess how you are healing, talk to you about post-partum depression and birth control. To a large degree, how in depth it will be will depend on how your labor and delivery went.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They have always done an internal check obn me to make sure my uterus is going back to normal size And then the weight and all that, check your perenium if you tore or your incision if you had a c-section. And some Dr's will ask how you are feeling to see if you have baby blues or need help with depression.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If you had to get stitches they will normally check that too.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• they ask u how u are if u have started having sex yet talk to u about birth control make sure ur not bleeding to much check your belly and then if u havent had a pap smear in the last year he will do one
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• In my experience they weigh you, ask you how your feeling, and if you had an stitches or tears, they check to see how you are healing. They offered me birth control options too.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They had me fill out a survey about how I was feeling about life, lol. Checked my stitches, pushed around on my uterus, and took my temp. Where I went, they checked me and my baby at the same time. They had made me fill out, for the first 6 weeks, a chart on when my daughter ate and how much she ate and how many wet diapers she had a day and how many dirty. They went over that chart with me (told me I was feeding her more than she needed to be fed -.- and showed me a ball that is the "size of her stomach") And I think they just weighed her and took her temp and measured how long she was.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Possibly a PAP in addition to all the other things mentioned above. Make sure you bring your questions with you!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 4:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• BIRTH CONTROL if your not ready for another. No they will make sure everything is healed see how ur feeling, be honest if you have any concerns BRING IT UP. Good luck!!!!!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009