New way to cook "healthy" chicken. Any suggestions?

Hey! I want a new way to bake chicken and make it healthy.. I eat it with BBQ sauce, cream of chicken soup, and also lemon peppered, but all that is getting old. I need something a little different.. That's not completely out there with veggies.. hehe..

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Take some canned artichoke hearts, chop them up, add about 1/2 cup light mayo and 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream, some garlic powder and a handful of parm cheese, mix it all up and smear on top of 4 boneless chicken breasts and bake. Delicious!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• oh totally you should fix what i call italian chicken. it is healthy and it is amazing! you take your prepared chicken and put creole seasoning and a little bit of seasoning salt then you pour italian dressing on it. then maybe you should add rice with it or fix broccoli and colliflower! you can prepare the chicken the same way with ranch if you prefer but its less healthy
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• How about cubing some skinned chicken marinate it in italian ssaal dressing for 2 hrs. Cut up chcucks of red onion, green pepers and mushrooms skewer them and grill...done in less than 10 mins. You can brush them with a little olive oil prior to grilling...just saw a version of this on The Biggest Loser last time it was on. We did it the next day..it was a nice change. My DH also grilled some crookneck and zucchini squash at the same time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I just posted a super yummy chicken casserole recipe on my blog a couple days ago.
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• That should read *salad..sorry about that. Had a sick 4 yr old all over me while typing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Grilled or broiled. Marinated in Italian dressing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009