anyone else need to vent today?

This 1 mom on cafe mom sent me an email telling asking why do i stay home and not work, i told her what i thought and she came back telling me that i am just a lazy mom and i make my hubby work to hard, 1. my hubby took a job that he knows its going to make him work hard which he picked his choice not me, why is it that some people thing stay at home moms just get a free ride when we really don't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no kidding!!
    My hubby is deployed, so i stay home with our kids so they feel that we are always with them. I make sure they are well taken care of. I also go to school, and watch other kids. So i'm not a lazy bum. My hubby works hard, but is living his dream.

its a major debate between woring moms and stay at home moms. i have respect for them, but they should respect us too!!
    Anonymous

• Wow, she has all the nerve. I admire SAHM's & I beleive they have made the best choice for themselves & their children. I am one myself. I feel working moms don't offer half things to the kids that we can. We are there for everything with love & support. I want to be able to see all their 1st's not someone else. By the time working moms get home they are already so tired that they can't offer their kids anything. I don't care what they say. Its impossible to work full time & take care of children & do it all sanely. So sad for the kids!!! I feel that sacrifing for a few years with much less is so much better for the children.

Anonymous

• Anon 1:20pm - You are a hypocrite. Sitting her bad mouthing moms that work outside of the home but yet you think it's rude for moms that work to bad mouth you for being a stay at home mom. Give me break. Every one is different and whether you stay at home or work outside of the home you can still be a good mother. One is not better then the other. I bet if a single mother read what you just wrote it would make them feel like shit.

OP - Are you sure the message wasn't from a fake account where some one was just messing with you? There are quite a few of those on here.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I used to be a stay at homer. But then I couldn't handle it and got a job at night LOL.

I give you props.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 3:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I stay at home because I have no support system-my family sucks!Everyone is "too busy"If my son gets sick,theres no where for him to go,no one to watch him.I wouldn't have a job too long if I was calling in alot.I'm our "insurance policy"
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• OP: See, this is why people post anonymously. Dern cyberstalkers!

And, Anon 2:20: I can't "just sacrifice for a few years with less." My sacrifice would be health insurance. I am the insurance carrier as my husband is self-employed. I have the utmost respect for SAHMs, and I'd love to be one. However, that's not MY reality at this moment in my life. But, please do not bash me and other mothers who work without understanding the reasons why we work. Some of us work because of insurance, the income is needed, fulfillment from a professional life, etc. And I've only been a member of CM a short time but I've not noticed one post that bashes SAHMs, only working moms. All mothers face the same situation: what can I do to give my children what's best and needed? It's a balancing act whether you're a SAHM or a working mom.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 9:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• oh me! I just found out my oldest child is flushing cat litter down my toilet. You know the clay kind. I want to choke her.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009