Have you considered Divorce or separation? *vent*

Ok, so how many of you mothers out there have an OK marriage....nothing bad or terrible...but have found yourself falling out of love with your husband?

My husband is addicted to video games. When he comes home, thats all he does. If I am home, he leaves all the house hold responsibilities to me to handle including our 16 month old son...(I am a stay at home mom) Its not that I dont love being a mom, I do and I dont see it as job, but its hard work. I hate to look at him and see him sitting on his ass. I will find myself asking him to watch our son to go take a poop.....for the sake of getting away. We have faught about this more and more. He works all day and supports us and hates his job. He sees us as "going from one job I hate to another job at home I cant stand at times." I don't know what to do. I don't think I am inlove with him any more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• It's a tough situation - I think a lot of people find themselves questioning their relationships nowadays. In this economy especially, it's important to have a partner you can depend on not only financially but emotionally. We all need a little extra support right now; you said you've been fighting about it a lot lately - my advice is to open yourself up and have a real discussion about your feelings. Do everything within your power to make him understand your side of the situation; and listen to his side. Remember your child and think about what is best for him; in my opinion a child would rather have happy parents that are seperated than unhappy parents that are together - kids are very smart & they understand when things are just "wrong". But do what you can - save this relationship if you think it's savable. And if not - then move on and be positive. You still have a son to think about here....
    mommaruth07

Answer by mommaruth07 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Get this book - TODAY! It will help you in so many ways you can't even imagine! Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes, trust me it will help you more than it sounds. The other one is called Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs, this is one you could read together, but if you don't think he'd be willing to read it, just read it on your own and start putting it's principles to action! If you ever need to just chat, message me. :-)
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Is it that you dont love him.. or you dont love the situation? there is a big difference. Many couples get in a situation where one (or both) doesnt feel appreciated. being a SAHM is hard and you need a break too. Talk to him. dont be confrontational. Let him know you appreciate all he does so that you can be at home with your son. Make sure you are doing your part (not saying you arent) by keeping the house clean and handling the house the way you should. It is your "job" to handle that if u are going to stay home. Let him have an hour after he gets home to "unwind". But explain to him after that he needs to help with his son so you too can have a break. maybe have someone watch your son so u guys can go out to dinner and find ways to compromise without either one having to do all the evening "chores". Make sure he feels appreciated and let him know you need the same. good luck. I am praying for u both

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 2:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009