SHE CRIES WHEN I WALK IN THE ROOM...

During the week my SO stays home with our 18 month old (he works 40 hour weekends)...well I work a 9-5 job. He swears that she's an angel all day - but the minute I get home she turns into this whiny, needy, crybag all for no reason it seems! Is this normal? Is she trying to tell me something? How can I make her happy to see me & behave instead of making her cry and misbehave everytime I walk into the room?! HELP.

mommaruth07

Asked by mommaruth07 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she's just teling you she loves you and missed you. It is normal. maybe she'll grow up to be one of those people that cry when they are really happy. Just scoop her up for a big hug and kiss and tell her you love her- but ignore the whiney-crabby stuff.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's just a stage. My 22 month old does that when I come home. My mom said that's normal and she went through that with me and my sister. Every kid is bad for their mom...because they know they can be and like to push our buttons. Hang in there!
    Anonymous

• normal. says she trusts you enough to have the trantum.
    Anonymous

• my son cried yesterday when I picked him up from daycare and when I get him from my mom's he starts being whiny and naughty. Apparenlty its pretty common - I just chalk it up and let him throw his tantrums when we get home and when he's done we do something fun for him -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• She missed you and wants your attention.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009