AIG and death threats.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/20/aig-employees-fear-lives-receiving-threats-big-bonuses/

Thoughts? I think the threats against the kids of AIG employees is disgusting.

JackalsWife

Asked by JackalsWife at 2:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its crazy-and will get crazier. I think that it would be safer just to give it back!
    Anonymous

• I agree.
    But, just like so many feel that it's their money, they earned it and should keep it..I'm sure the AIG folks feel the same way.

Skewed way at seeing things but I wouldn't be surprised if none of them give the bonuses back or turn them down.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would like to see their contracts to see under what circumstances that they get these "bonuses"?

I wonder if there was any part that stated reasons for not getting them-because I would think that running a business into the ground could be a reason to NOT get a bonus....but, then again, who am I with such a crazy concept :)
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• II wonder if there was any part that stated reasons for not getting them-because I would think that running a business into the ground could be a reason to NOT get a bonus....but, then again, who am I with such a crazy concept :)
    __________________________________
    I agree with you. I think needing to get your azz bailed out not once, but twice should negate any sort of bonus you get ever again.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I just have to laugh sometimes thinking that if an employee getting a bonus in this situation.

I mean, come on, if someone at McD's or walmart messes up or gets a complaint-they can be fired, but run a billion dollar business into the ground...here's your big fat bonus Thanks!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think it is appalling...  Where is the anger at Bureaucrats for little to no oversight? Where is the anger at Washington for NOT READING the contracts and getting all the details before forking out taxpayer funds? This only proves we should have never bailed them out. GOVERNMENT CANNOT HANDLE THIS KIND OF CONTROL...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Death threats are never justified.. I dont care who you are..

If that was me who received a bonus, you can bet your ass I wouldnt accept it. Bonuses are based on performance, and they performed POORLY. I can understand why people are upset, I am too.. but to send death threats, especially to their children? Thats absolutely crazy.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Claps grlygrlz that is what i'm saying totally! Americans need to wake the heck up
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I've looked online for a petition or something to sign about these bonuses while I was looking for a petition to impeach Dodd but i came up dry. :\
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Completely agree with grly.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009