Exactly how bad does giving birth hurt???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• noone can really say it is diff for everyone . i know people that are just in so much pain that they scream and scream and some people it just goes like 1 2 3 for them and they swear it wasnt bad . me it was hard and long labor with my first i hope this one isnt as bad
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The contractions hurt so bad you dont even feel the epidural.
    Anonymous

• Just imagine THE WORST menstrual cramps you've ever had in your life and multiply it by 100 in waves of immense pain, then slight relief, then more immense pain again, getting worse each time until you wanna just curl up in a ball and die.
    Anonymous

• This question was already asked today! Look it up, it's a popular one.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• this question has been asked a hundred times THIS WEEK
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Giving birth hurts...it hurts bad...the same for everyone. Some people have a higher pain tolerance than others. Don't worry about it. It'll be over with before you know it and it will all be worth it in the end.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It depends on you and how (c-section,natural,vaginal, induced, w/pain meds) you give birth, see mrs.owen86's answer above.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's different for everyone. It depends on your pain tolerance and if you are able to focus on something. With my first three I had the epidural and felt nothing. One of my sons was 10 and a half pounds! I am pregnant now and have decided to do it without the epidural. I'm hoping its not that bad! :)
    trendy4you

Answer by trendy4you at 2:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's so different for everyone, and even each birth. Both my deliveries were 5 hours. The first one hurt horribly (10 pounds, 23") the second one wasn't so bad (oh it hurt, don't get me wrong) (7.15 pounds, 19"). I think I really had no clue the first time around, but the second one I guess I knew what to expect of my body.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Like eveyone says its different but i know if im the one asking i would aprreciate not so exagerated answers. When i was pregnant everyone scaredme and said it was horrible like here and i was even inside with my cuzin when she gave birth and i was so petrified but then it was my turn and yes it hurt but 20 mintues after i had my baby i was eating a giant sals pizza and i didnt even remeber at all the pain and i dont think people can say that it was the worst thing in the world because they eventually forget and have another baby if they dont have more kids then maby they really did have a super bad experience but i think you should relax and just wait until its ur turn and i think the people who answrer annonmsly should not be so dramatic if it reall hurt that bad and your not lying why hide your face?
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 2:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009