Has anyone weighed over 200 lbs and tried to conceive a child? Did the Dr's try and tell you not to?!

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• my friend weighs probably that and after 5 miscarriges the doc told her she couldnt have babys well thats a lie becuase she is now 3 months pg
    Anonymous

• I was almost 250 lb. when I got pregnant and put on another 15 lbs. during pregnancy - I had a perfect pregnancy & my daughter was almost full term (39 weeks) and weighed in at 7 lbs with absolutely no defects/problems.

My doctors told me to take care of myself; and I did. I quit drinking caffiene & I ate healthier than I ever have in my entire life. I was a "big momma" and had a beautiful little girl who will be 2 in september! It's all about taking care of yourself + your baby. I really don't see how weight has too much to do with anything..........
    Anonymous

• I was also a "big mama" slightly over 250 lbs when I got pregnant. I had a perfect pregnancy, no complications at all, and no problems concieving on my own. The Dr's just stressed to watch my weight gain, maintain a healthy diet and an exercise schedule.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I weighed 244 lbs. when I concieved the child I am carrying now. My husband and I got pregnant the same month I stopped taking my bc pills and we are 10 weeks away from meeting our new son. I never consulted my OB, we wanted another baby and my weight was never an issue. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• I was close to 200 when my husband and i first conceived. We lost the baby in the 9th week and i had to do a D&C. About 4 months later we got pregnant again. I was considered a High Risk. Not once did the doctor say anything to me about my weight. i am 4'11 and at about 185 at the time. I actually lost 15 lbs in my first trimester (i couldnt get my self to eat anything more than pineapples and cereal). i also started walking.
    all in all i gained about 17 -21lbs. We did have more internal ultra sounds in the begining. The external sonograms were a little harder b/c i carry most of my weight in my middle. so we had to get creative to try and see her again. the Sonographer never said anything either.
    Really the only down side was during the labor. They had to put the fetal monitor inside (very painful) other than that no problems at all! No gestational diabetes or anything like that.
    Our DD is 3. very healthy and happy!
    Anonymous

• LOTS of women over 200 lbs. get pg w/ no problems whatsoever...
    Anonymous

• My dr told me to lose 30 lbs and that will still put me over 200lbs and then she will give me clomid
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i weigh a little over 200 lbs (tho you wouldn't know it to look at me) and both of my pregnancies were "surprises" so it can't be all that hard for women over 200 lbs to get pregnant LOL. the only thing my ob/gyn told me about my weight is that i have to watch how much i gain with this pregnancy because by gaining too much i'm putting myself at risk for gestational diabetes and high blood pressure.
    Anonymous