OMG HELP

My son is 2 and a half. He has entered the terrible twos with a vengance! He is sleeping so light and less and less. He throws fits that last forever. The worst is that when he wakes up from nap or the nights sleep he is in such a rage right away. Screaming and jumping in the crib. Just from zero to kablam! I don't know how to break him of this waking up so pissed off. I have tried the CIO thing...this kid gives marathon a new meaning...he will just keep at it. He has screamed so hard he has ruptured little tiny blood vessels in his face around his ears from time to time. Have any of you gone through this? What's a poor mom to do? BTW this is my 5th baby and I have never seen anything like this!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel for ya momma! i am going thru this too...and nothing works! if you find the answer...please share!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son has did this too, but what works for me is that i don't give him a nap i let him do his thing and at 730 you can tell he is getting tired by 800 he is in bed a sleep but if you get any good answer i will try them with yeah ...
    Anonymous

• Try asking his dr for a sleep study maybe he has terrible night terrors?
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 2:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I do/did the same thing as anon. For some reason taking the nap away and making bed time very early really helped. Not all of my kids, but for the few who would do the same as your little guy. It took a little adjusting to, but I found a little crankiness in the evening easier, not to mention the few hours at nigh to myself enjoyable.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• don't pay those tantrums any attention if he wakes up grumpy leave him in his crib wih a bottle or some books trying calming music, if he starts a tantrum put him in his crib till he calm don't wait more then three minutes and check up on hm tell him that behavior is not o.k.
    try lots of rest times during the day reading books or short kids video umm when giving hima bath in the evening dim the rooma nd light a candle try a drop of lavender oil to soothe,, you can breww some camomile tea no sugar and give that to him to drink umm other wise you can go to your nearest health food store and get some homeopathics tablets to soothe and calm him...
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009