drug test welfare recievers, what do you think?

i think they should on cnn they said they are considering drug testing people who recieve welfare, food stamps, unemployment. and i think they should, people who are on drugs have no right to recieve tax payers money because obviously they have money to spend on the drugs. i hope they pass it. it will get rid of the no good people

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope so!!
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think yes.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with it.Although, it woudln't solve all the problems it could certainly help.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think there needs to be stricter reform, and a stronger emphasis on Personal Accountability. IF Drug Testing attributes more responsibility and accountability, then I say go for it!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Nope. It will cost more than it will save. Between testing, hiring more caseworkers to deal with results, additional children in the system because they were taken away from drug using parents and on and on.

Besides, most street drugs leave your system in 2-3 days and there are plenty of solutions out there to fool the tests. I know a cps caseworker and she is already way overworked and against drug testing for PA.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• that is true. i dont know the time in your system for all drugs but marijuana lasts a month. and i was reading that it would cost alot more than its worth. but you know there are people out there that have no buisness raising their kids so i think its a good thing in that matter
    Anonymous

• & spend more money we don't have? With all these people losing their jobs because they were shipped out of our country do you really think the new welfare recipients are on it because they're doing drugs?
    Anonymous

• "that is true. i dont know the time in your system for all drugs but marijuana lasts a month."

there are dietary supplements that could easily flush it out in time for a whiz quiz.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

________________

fantastic post as usual.

i just think there has to be some form of accountability to possibly deter people from abusing the system.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't have a problem with it. But I don't know that this will make a difference for a lot of the abuse that happens. If I ever had to get on PA, I wouldn't have a problem submitting to a drug test. You have to do it as part of the employment process, what's the difference?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009