What should I expect with my 4 month olds shots?

He's starting to get a cold so Im nervous about getting them now, but I dont want to put them off either. Is there anything I should expect other than a little fussiness and low-grade fever like he got with his 2 month ones?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 3:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No thats all. But wait until his cold has passed. And you'll probably get some vax hate mail in your inbox fyi. I did when i posted a question like this a week or two ago.
    Anonymous

• With my baby's 2 months shots, she was extremely cranky for that day and her legs hurt where they gave the shots. I would expect the same for the 4 months shots. When you go in, ask your pedi what some of the side effects are and what the effects are on his cold.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My son had little to no reaction to the 2 month shots, a small fever and alot crankiness for the 4 month shots, but no reaction (except tears during the shots) for his six months. General experience in my mom group is that 4 month is worse than 2 month.

As for the cold I would not delay the shots but tell your Dr. about the fact that your LO has a cold and let the Dr. deciede if a delay is necessary.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2009