How old is your stroller??

We got our umbrella one right before JB was born, so we are looking at 17-19 months.. How old is yours? How long should you keep them?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• our stroller is exactly as old as Azzy, which is 2 yrs and 9 months. My mom bought the stroller and the matching carseat the day Azzy was born, cause she came early and we didn't have a carseat! Our stroller has been sitting in the garage collecting dust for almost a year. I need to sell it or give it away.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 3:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We've probably had our stroller for about a year and a couple months, but dd wasn't born until July. It's not an umbrella shoulder though, it's a big one. We are going away this summer and dd will be 1, so we need an umbrella stroller for the airport and everything.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• mine is a hand me down from a neighbor. works great. it's years old.
    Anonymous

• Ours is almost 2 years old, but they last forever. My grandma just got rid of mine a few years ago and she bought it at a grage sale when i was a baby, i'm sure it was close to 30 years old, but it served its pupose just fine.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We got ours when our oldest was born, so it's 4 1/2 years old. It's looking a bit raggedy, but it works fine.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We have 2 umbrella strollers. Both were still being used last summer until my older children decided to break the foot rest off the one (the newer, better one). The one we still use was given to use for our oldest daughter for Easter in 2001 so it's 8 years old now. We'll probably keep using it until the fabric finally tears apart (it has rips in it where the metal bars of the seat end. It's held up to 4 kids and a lot of abuse/extra weight. I used to use it for grocery shopping and stuff. The other one we bought when our son was a baby so it's probably 7 years old. Same make and everything, just a different color and it has a different buckle on the belt. We used to keep one at home and one in the car. Our youngest is almost 3 and doesn't use it except when we are at the mall or going for long walks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2009