My 15 month old loves her binky....

I was trying to break her from it and she started cutting some more teeth. She is having a hard time with it and I felt sorry for her and gave it back. ( I know I know I'm weak!! But shes my last one!) I was wondering how other people broke their little ones from the binky? And how old they were when they were broke from it? Is 15 months to old to have a binky?

deneejude

Asked by deneejude at 3:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i really believe the two keys were to first go down to just naps and nighttime, and then to wait until he seemed less dependent on them to take them away. he was soooooo attached to them for so long, and it was absolutely no problem since i did those two things. good luck!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• my baby was 11 months and she lost hers and the ONLY one she liked was that weird looking one soothie from the hospital she didnt like the cute ones only that weird green one and we finaly lost it so she had to let it go we tried buying her different ones after but she just gave up
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 3:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• almost- i think if they can say Binki then its to old. We put my daughters in a bag and said we were going to give them to Babies. She helped put them in the bag and only asked for them 1 time. I told her , We gave them to the babies remember. It worked.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• As long as they are gone by 4, there is no risk to her teeth. (check out the Dentist's website if you don't believe me... www.ada.org)

You can just chuck them.
    You can start limiting them - only in the house, only at nap and bedtime, then only at bedtime, then all gone.
    You can wait and see if she gives them up on her own.
    You can cut the tips off and see if she gives them up.

Lots of choices and no reason to rush. Pick your method and go for it!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My parents cut the nipple off of mine when i was little and told me that the cat chewed them off. I bought it, lol.

I like the idea of "giving them to babies"
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 5:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my baby is 16mths and still has his at nap time and bed time I don;t think thats to old if he could actually ask for then its gone but you have to choose whats right for you and your child shes just not ready yet and thats OK
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• at twenty months i went down to just naps and bedtime. my son was a little extra fussy for about three days, then got over it. then about two months later i noticed that he wasn't even really sucking on them anymore...every time i'd go in there, he'd just be holding them. and every morning when i went in i'd take them all and put them on top of the dresser out of reach. he got to where he would hand them all to me first thing when i went in each morning. so about a week ago (he's 22 1/2 months) i told him he's a big boy and doesn't need them anymore. for the first two days he pointed to where i always put them in the crib when i put him in there and i'd say, remember, you're a big boy--you don't need them. he was fine with that, and just went on to sleep. there was absolutely no problem, and it's been a week now! i was so expecting a huge ordeal, and it just didn't happen! continued...
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009