How can i potty train a two year old that likes to be clean?

I started potty trainning my son, he was doing very good until he had an accident and didnt like being wet, now he holds it, he wont use the potty or the diaper because he thinks his going to get wet. I need help i don't want him to get sick for holding it in.

mylitmunchkin

Asked by mylitmunchkin at 3:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try putting a drop or two of food color in the potty and encourage him to perform a magic trick and change the color of the water.
    Blue water, yellow pee = green water!
    You'll also be teaching colors and color mixing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Try putting him on the potty and putting his hand in warm water. Or run the water in the sink/tub. Or give him some warm milk/hot chocolate while on the toilet. The temp change might make him go, and he will realize that he won't get wet. OR try getting a foot stool and letting him stand to pee. That's what works for my boy, who's almost three. =] good luck hope this helped =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009