how do i get my 3 month old grandson to fall asleep on his own?

the only way i can get him to sleep is to rock him or he starts to fall asleep when i feed him. is there any thing else anybody has done and really worked.

countygirl766

Asked by countygirl766 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my son into a routine, he eats about 7ish gets a bath a little cuddling and a book. And then I lay him in his crib when hes sleepy but not overly tired, about 8 or 830, and turn on his fan, mobile, and nightlight, and he will lay there contently until he falls asleep. Sometimes ten min sum times 30. I started out rocking him and laying him in there, and Now I only have to do that if hes really tired.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 4:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• wait until he's sleepy then put to bed. over time, he will associate sleepiness with bed.
    Anonymous

• I had a routine for my daughter and at the end of it I would rock her and lay her down before she fell asleep so she'd get used to falling asleep on her own. Often she'd startle herself and wake up but eventually she fell asleep on her own. good luck. :]
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 4:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009