Unmarried, Pregnant and Living together In seperate rooms

My fiance and I are expecting a baby in July 09. We are truely trying to get back on our walk with the Lord. We have decided to get married in May 09 before the baby is here and have since decided to sleep in seperate rooms of the house. This is working pretty good. I get up before he does and leave for work before he does. If we are not sleeping in the same bed is it a sin to continue to live together until we are married. Let me also put that we are not having sex and hardly hug and kiss. we feel like our relationship is stronger and our relationship to the Lord. He and I both want him to stay not move out because i am pregnant and he wants to be there for me if I need him and to also help me out with my two year old son from a previous marriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• why wait? DH and I were married by a pastor on Good Friday so they will be more then happy to do a small ceremony for you.

Another 2 months won't hurt. Just get married then do a big wedding in May if that is the point.

I don't know how to answer your question. This is what I would do.
    Anonymous

• I think it is ok for you to live together and abstain from sex til you are married. Its nice that you have a guy who would agree to this. Are you guys reading and discussing the Bible together and praying together? Its nice to focus on eachother without sex clouding your feelings. Good luck!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• thats between you and the Lord I think in this circumstance. Why aren't you married now? I think you really need to seek God to see if you should get married. Let me just tell you that my mom got pregnant before she was married. My dad realized he sinned and moved out until they got married three months later, but it was really hard on my mom to be left alone and pregnant. I think though if you love eachother and feel like God is bringing you together that should should get married immediately. if not than maybe you need to live elsewhere, but I do not think its ok to be inbetween.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well, to be honest, in God's eyes, you already ARE married. (IMO)

DH and I were engaged for about 6 months when we decided to go ahead and move in together. Three months later, we walked down the aisle.

I think that if you love each other, you love the Lord, and your intentions are to be together forsaking all others for the rest of your life, than what you are doing right now is beautiful and amazing.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think that you guys are doing the right thing by waiting until you get married. It takes a lot of strength do to the right things after making mistakes. Good for you guys.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You are knocked up......whats done is done. You can be true to the Lord and sleep in the same room.....HE knows you had sex before you were married...everyone knows you had sex before you were married. If you love eachother that is all that matters, the LORD will understand.
    Anonymous

• I disagree. By living together, you are riding the line too closely. To avoid temptation, you have to flee from it. Do you or he have a friend you could stay with until you get married? It's good that you're obstaining right now, and I applaud you! We must always follow God's will for our live, and He has made it clear that sex before marriage is not his plan.
    It seems to me like your conscious (or the Holy Spirit) is telling you that this situation is wrong. I just said a prayer that God will guide you in making the right decision.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have to agree with the Anon that said "whats done is done"

If you are already pregnant, and are living together, and are planning on the ceremony...then whats the harm in sharing a bed? Or even each other's bodies?

I'm not a christian, so granted, I'm probably thinking more lieniant on this one...But your Creator knows whats in your heart. If you two love each other and are building a family, then why add the extra burden of not sharing each others company during the night?

IMO you aren't going to be doing anything wrong at this point.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would honestly say you're already married. I mean so what if you don't have the "papers". You've already chosen to have a committed relationship and that's what really matters. I think it's great that you're trying to build a more SOLID relationship. That's important, too. Just follow your heart and you'll know what will make "GOD happy", although, He's already happy with you. You're His CHILD. And you're already perfect in every way!!! :)
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009