This may be the rudest thing I have ever heard anyone say and I can't believe it came out of my friends mouth

Last week my friend and I went shopping and we were looking for an outfit for her sister's little girl's birthday who just turned 1. My friend has a little boy and she is all about dressing him in only complete matching outfits, like every outfit has to have a matching hat, and the shoes has to match to colors in the outfit (the child has like 6 pairs of tennis shoes so that the colors of the shoes don't clash with the colors in the outfit), etc. I only have boys so I love looking at little girl outfits. Anyway, we were in Gap looking at little girl clothes and I picked out this dress that was so cute and perfect for spring, I showed it to my friend and she said "No way can I get her a dress she is way to fat to look good in a dress, she needs something with pants to cover up all of her fat rolls!" My eyes almost popped out of my face and everyone in the store heard her and stopped to turn around and look at us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have slapped her!!

That baby is ONE!! She's SUPPOSED to be fat!!

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Cont’ I could not believe she said that. I mean the little girl has some baby fat on her but is in no way fat. She is still wearing a size 12 months for god’s sake. My friend just kept right on going though, never missed a beat or even noticed that everyone was staring at her. Then she goes off of this rant that if her sister was smart she would put that child on a diet because fat people are gross and ugly and no one wants to be around them. Now I am not exactly on the thin side myself, since having kids I have put on a little more weight than I like but hey that’s for me to worry about and no one else. I didn’t know what to say or do so I made up a lie and said I just got a text message and had to go pick up my son, because I just couldn’t be around her anymore at that moment.
    Anonymous

• Cont’ But the worst part is that a couple of days later at the birthday party several of people had bought clothes and a few were dresses, she tells her sister in front of everyone that she should just take those back because “no way can you put a dress on her until you works off some of that fat on her”. Her sister broke out in tears and that was pretty much the end of the birthday party and now my friend can’t understand why everyone is so pissed at her.
    Anonymous

• omg, she said that about a 1 year old??? that's ridiculous
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• WTH? I hope that poor child doenst grow up with weight/psychological issues because of her!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• That sounds like my aunt. I know that my aunt does this type of behavior b/c she is jealous of anyone who has a girl. She is literally green with envy when she sees my dd in cute girl cloths.

And from the way you described her dressing her son, that may be her deep down feelings. Just a guess.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• She sound slike a very vain person. It's too bad her son has to grow up worrying about his appearance...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The only good thing is that is her neice and not her daughter. What a freak! Please don't take offense.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Wow, she really does sound like my aunt. They should meet and bash everyone together. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Did you see the green eyed monster or what? That is a person who wanted a girl and didn't get one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2009