Does everyones husband compliment them

i have been married for almost 3 years. before i got married, my husband told me all the time how beautiful i was, and now. i never hear it unless i ask.. "do i look okay".. i've said time and time again.. it would be ncie if every now and then you say something, especially when i go out of my way to look good, but still nothing. do you think he finds me unattractive.. or just lazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I am sure he still finds you unattractive. But some men just do not see the point in telling a woman this kind of thing. He probably think you already know that he thinks you look good. Don't take it personally, some men just don't give compliments much.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Just lazy. My SO and I have been together 2.5 years and the compliments about my looks have been less often, but I still get them and they mean more because they are less frequent.I still get comments about other things, like "I like the pasta you made tonight" and things like that. Let him know that you need to hear that you look good, or start complimenting him more and maybe he'll do that same.
    Anonymous

• no, never :(
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• lol, Ddry did you read what you wrote.I will try to fix it☺ When men get married some just assume that hey I am married to you now, why say what you already know. they lose a compassionate and romantic chip that they use to have.Don't worry about it. Don't compliment him anymore, let him wonder also.Maybe if you don't ask, he will do it again, he might start wondering why you don't ask. I bet if you dressed up nasty and looked disgusting he would surely let you know, fast....
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• When men are 'courting' they are on their prince charming behavior....after you are married most of them start to show their toad like warts! LOL He is just comfortable in the relationship and is not in the 'courting' mode yet. Look at it like this....if he were a major league baseball player and looking to get a contract....he will strut his stuff and show off as much as possible. After he gets the contract....he settles in and just plays ball. It is not personal....he is just no longer chasing you.
    If you want to get his attention....answer the door with nothing on other than a big red bow. If he doesn't notice that....then worry! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Sorry, I meant he finds you attractive. Thanks Kat!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I've been married for 5 1/2 years together for 11. No, he does not compliment me. The most I get, and it would be a BIG day to hear this, is"You look good" I'm not pretty or beautiful or hot or anything like that, I look "good" ... a frog can look good, kwim? Even after having SEVERAL talks with him about how important it is to me, he just can't do it. He used to, but not anymore.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• wow that sounds familiar LOL... I have been experiencing the same thing with my husband of less than year! we have been together for 4 yrs and he used to always say i looks good too; i think he still thinks you are attractive, dont worry. my hubby doesnt always say it, but he shows me he loves me in other ways.
    Anonymous

• Well....my husband doesn't pony up a compliment like that unless I've gone well out of my way in the girly department, but to be perfectly frank, I look like crap most of the time! He does compliment me on the meatloaf, if I've done anything above and beyond around the house, on the children's behavior or schoolwork, on funny things I say and right after we have sex he'll usually say "BOOYAH!" But we've been married for ten years and I spend most of the day dealing with messes and situations that create skankitude and after the kidlets have lost consciousness the last thing I want to do is haul out the lip gloss and try to find Gorgeous again. The man does love my meatloaf though.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Nope, all that went out the window long ago. Mind you I'm older, fatter and don't see much to compliment either Lol.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009