IS THIS NORMAL

37 WEEKS AND I FEEL PAIN WHEN I WALK IN MY LOWER PART OF MY BELLY. MY BELLY HAS DROPPED REALLY LOW AND I CANT REALLY WALK NORMAL. WHEN I STAND UP MY BELLY SEEMS TO HURT AND I HAVE TO PUT MY HAND UNDER MY BELLY JUST TO HOLD IT UP AND WALK SO THAT I COULD ATLEAST FEEL A LITTLE COMFORT. WHATS WRONG AM I GETTIN TOO BIG BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I AM AND THE WEIGHT IS COMING RAPIDLY AND I AM 5'3 AND I NOW WEIGHT 192.BEFORE I WAS 5'3 AND 140 DO YOU THINK I WILL BE AT 200 BEFORE THIS IS ALL OVER OR SHOULD I JUST LET IT GO IS THERE ANYTHING I COULD DO? MY GRANDMA IS SO OLD SCHOOL SHE THINKS I DONT EAT AS MUCH AND I NEED TO GAIN MORE WEIGHT BUT I DONT WANT TO GAIN SO MUCH AND IT BE HARD TO GET OFF IN THE END I KNOW I SOUND SELFISH BUT IM JUST SAYING.SHOULD I EAT MORE OR DO I NEED TO EAT LESS? MY DOCTOR SAYS I AM PERFECT AND I SHOULD CONTINUE TO EAT AS I BEEN DOING AND DONT WORRY BOUT THE POUNDS BECAUSE A HEALTHY BABY IS WHAT MATTERS

pregnproud88

Asked by pregnproud88 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go by what the Dr. says, if you're weight is good according to the Dr. then odds are you're doing fine, as for the baby feeling lower you may be getting close to labor, either way if anything is bothering you or has you worried call the Dr., if nothing else it should make you feel a little better. Good luck!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• your doc is right. the last couple weeks of preg. you dont gain that much, i even lost some weight. just hang in there your doing great!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• well listen to what your doctor says.. and as far as your belly hurting.. thats normal the baby is really low now and you have all that weight pulling on your stomach... its normal.
    Anonymous

• "HAVE TO PUT MY HAND UNDER MY BELLY JUST TO HOLD IT UP AND WALK SO THAT I COULD ATLEAST FEEL A LITTLE COMFORT"

That's how it was for me toward the end of pregnancy when I would be shopping. If you saw me, I always had my hands under my belly trying to hold it up, lol. I think that is normal. At least, I never thought anything of it.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• First, have you tried a pregnancy band to help with holding your belly up? It's a strap that goes around the bottom of your belly with straps that helps hold it up... As far as your weight goes, I would listen to your doctor. Overeating will not do you any good - your body will tell you when you need to eat and when you are full - just do what feels right and worry about losing it once the baby is born happy and healthy! Your almost there!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009