Sick Kitty.

My cat has been sick for about 3 days now. He has been chewing his fur out, scratching, and throwing up food and sometimes just water. We combed him to check for fleas, nothing. His fur looks free of dandruff. We have no clue what is wrong with him. The vet cant see him until Monday. So I was wondering until then if anyone else has any idea of what could be wrong with him? He seems to be acting like himself other than the throwing up and chewing and scratching. But he is still very active, eating well, drinking well, and his stools look normal.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pets

• My sisters cat would pull out his hair and it would make him sick. The vet told her it was seasonal allergies. Every spring and fall he would pull it out until he had a bald spot on his back. Don't remember what they gave him. I will talk to sisand find out for you
    casd

Answer by casd at 4:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• poor kitty. my cat did that turns out it was allergies to cat litter and air fresheners and plastic.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 4:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• the allergies can even be from his food, have you switched lately.
    casd

Answer by casd at 4:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i have been a vet tech for many years. first off how old is your cat beaucse if it young it can be allgerys but if it older it can be something else. the important thing is that its eating and drinking and going potty yhte right way. clear vomit means its a virus or cold. animals can get colds and virus. if you have any more question please contact me.
    bridynme

Answer by bridynme at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i ahve opened a aniamal help group please join if you love your aniamals
    bridynme

Answer by bridynme at 5:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• What a guilt trip bridynme!
    Anonymous