IM SCARED

I THINK THAT SOME HOW I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A C SECTION FOR SOME REASON I THINK MY BABY WILL BE LAZY AND NOT WANT TO TURN AND HE IS BIG AND I THINK THAT I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A C SECTION WHICH I REALLY DONT WNAT TO HAVE AND I DONT THINK THAT I WOULD WANT TO HAVE NATURAL BIRTH. I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO TWO OF MY BF AND ONE HAS HAD A C SECTION NAD THE OTHER HAS HAD NATURAL BIRTH AND THEY BOTH SAY AT THE END IT HURTS REAL BABD SO THEY SAY NO MATTER WHAT I CANT ESCAPE THE PAIN. SHOULD I JUST SUCK IT UP AND TAKE WHAT EVER COMES MY WAY AND BE PREPARED FR NATURAL OR C SECTION??? DO YOU THINK THE BIGGER THE BABY IS THE MORE OF CHANCES IT WILL HURT OR NO MATTER IT WILL HURT PERIOD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First, just calm down. No sense in getting worked up. It's not your decision in the end really, there isn't much you can do to determine if you have a C Section or Natural Birth. If there is reason to believe the baby is too big or has not turned the proper way then they will do a C Section no matter what and if all is well and the baby is in the right position then you will deliver vaginally. Either one hurts but regardless, that baby is coming out and you will experience pain. It's just part of being pregnant. It's not doing you or the baby any good getting worked up about it! Good luck.
    javila

Answer by javila at 4:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i think bigger baby is BS.. your baby will come out regardless of its weight. HOWEVER tere can be some reasons to have a c section i had one and i didnt look into any information of it before hand so i didnt know what i was in for. so look up information about both sides.
    and take on whatever needs to happen to get your baby out safely.
    my daughter her cord was around her neck so they did a c section. it didnt hurt during, but healing afterwards was intense and hurt. 5 weeks later it doesnt hurt unless i move too fast or something.

so anyway, just look up information about c section and vaginal so that you are prepared and ready for whatever.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Do what your body says and what your doctor says. If your doctor thinks you need a C section i would not fight it just ask him/her why they think that. If its because the baby has not turned or if the baby is way to big for you to have reg. birth than go for it. S You also can have pain meds thats if you are ok with it. I saw my mom give birth with no pain meds, she said it hurt but once the baby is out it was like the pain went all away, because she was so happy. Every women is diff. Good luck
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I thought the whole time I was pregnany "I DONT WANT A C-SECTION!!" Guess what.... I had one! I was going for natural, but the cord was around his head and so we had to do an emer c-s. As soon as the doctor told me, I really didnt think anything of it. I guess I was just out of it lol. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. The scar is way way down where only ur SO will EVER see by any stretch. The healing was tough because of the nerves regerating, but you gotta heal from natural too... So, I dont think it was so bad. I was scared of c-sections too, but my mom only had 1 of her 5 kids naturally and we all turned out great!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• you cant avoid pain when it comes down to delivering your baby. Im sorry but there is no need to stress about it. If your baby is still breeched when you go into labor you may or may not depending on your dr have the option to try External aversion is where they try and turn your baby from the outside using a u/s and the dr presses really hard on your belly and tries to get baby to flip. That may not be a option however and you may require a c section.
    they numb from the chest down for a c section so you dont feel anything while its happening yes you are a bit sore for severl weeks after wards but not to bad. Labor hurts yes but thats the price we pay have a baby and im sure that a vaginal birth with out medication is pain full. I had to have a c section. Just be prepared or whatever happens and in the end its worth all the pain you go through.
    Anonymous

• Just get an epidural and you won't feel it. The doc will decide if you need a c-section or not. Labor hurts but it's totally do-able. Don't freak yourself out. As long as there are pain meds, it'll be fine. If you have a c-section, take your drugs to stay ahead of the pain.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The ACOG says that doctors shouldn't even interfere unless it's suspected that the baby is 11 lbs or bigger. So even if docs think you are going to have a 10 pounder an induction isn't warranted, neither is a c/s.

you can go to www.spinningbabies.com for information on breech babies and feet first breech can be delivered vaginally with zero issues, if you have a competent doctor or midwife.

Labor and delivery hurt for many no matter the size. Also, with a c/s it's major abdominal surgery so recovery is longer, usually.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I tried to have a "natural" birth but after 20 hours of labor I only got to 7 cm and my daughter wasn't turned enough so I had a c-section. The pain that came with my c-section was after when they push on your stomach to check the uterus. The pain doesn't last very long and once you and the baby are home it becoms less and less noticable it takes a while to walk normal though. Either way it will be painful but when you hold your baby it won't matter.
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Can I ask why you wouldn't want a natural birth? Have you done any research? Natural is safer all around, there are genuine risks with the epidural or any other form of pain medication, and they can also have negative effects on labor, require more interventions.

unnecessary c/s increase the risk of infant death. There is a risk of infant laceration with a cesarean, meaning they actually cut the baby doing the surgery. Also they can nick your intestines/bowel and cause a slow leak of waste which can put you into septic shock and kill you. These are not *rare* enough to be considered freak accidents with c/s either, it happens.

I wouldn't worry about a c/s. Only 10-15 percent of women actually need one. Look into birth, read *Ina May's Guide to Childbirth*. It is very helpful and can maybe ease some of your fears!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2009