What type of double stroller do you recommend/not recommend?

My son will be 2 in July, and we are expecting baby #2 a few days after that. I would like to get a good double stroller (not a jogger, though, i already have one of those), that will be good for the occassional shopping trip, but mostly for walks in the park and around the neighborhood. Any recommendations you could share would be much appreciated!

leahjoy

Asked by leahjoy at 4:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am getting a sit and stand stroller. I don't use strollers much but this will help for when my toddler gets too tired and the baby gets to heavy to wear or it's too hot. so we wont be getting one until this baby is around 6 months old.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We had an Eddie Bauer tandem stroller.....LOVED IT! It took a real beating with my two lil monkeys and it did the job! We live in the woods....I took that sucker up and down dirt hills for our daily walk and it never gave me any problems. The bottom basket finally ripped off after years of abuse (my son would stand in the basket! ughh!)....but we sewed it back on and kept on rolling. LOL
    *** 3 stars!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• any kind of jogger! I love mine!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i have twin boys and own a Maclaren Twin Techno. It's a little heavy to put in/out of my trunk and it only has a bottle holder (not a cup holder for your beverages), but it maneuvers really well and is very comfortably for my boys. I've used it since they were first born and they are now 2.5 years old and still have a pleasant ride in the stroller. It has a full recline on both sides, which was especially nice when they were younger.
    Anonymous

• I have the Graco Quattro Tour Duo and it's freakin' amazing! It folds much smaller than the original Quattro Tour, and you can fold it with one hand. It's not too terribly heavy, and fits perfectly in my 2000 Toyota Camry. It maneuvers well. You can attach any Graco car seat to it, and it comes with an attachment that is pretty much universal if you don't have a Graco car seat for baby. It's about $250, but after reading all the reviews (most of which got 5 stars), I decided it was worth the money, and so far it's lived up to it.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 7:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i love my sit and stand especially It is great that the older child still has some freedom and can climb in and out on their own. You can still attach a carseat. It is easy to manuvar and not too huge.
    mom-x-2

Answer by mom-x-2 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2009