how much sleep is normal for a 2 month old???

i have a 2 month old that seems to have many perioods of hyperactivity and i am curious whether or not he needs more sleep at this point or if he can maintain on his being awake for almost the entire day and sleeping only 7 hours at night. i have tried to incorporate naps during the day, but he always fights sleeping in fear he will miss something! LOL :)

caramarie26

Asked by caramarie26 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow! You are lucky, my 2 month old still wakes up to eat every 3-4 hrs day and night.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My little guy never took naps for longer than 30-45 mins until about 4 months. It took me a while to get him on track. He seemed to get enough sleep during those catnaps. I used to take him out for a stroller walk every morning, about an hour after we got up, and that helped him to get a nap in. Eventually he started going down for naps at that time b/c he was used to it. Good luck!
    leahjoy

Answer by leahjoy at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009