3 month old talking?

Ok, this might be a silly question, but my husband thinks it't true:
My DS is 12 weeks old now and in the past 2 days when he's fussy he keeps saying something that sounds like mumumum when he's not on my arm. When whoever hands him to me he stops and burries his face in my shoulder..does he actually say 'mom'? or are we just totally crazy..lol...

januarymom81

Asked by januarymom81 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mom was told that I said Momma at 4months. And she didn't believe it, but, the next week she heard me say puppy and I just kept on from there. It's plausible but possible.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Anything is possible. Just see if he keeps it up. Maybe try other sounds with him too. Maybe you have a baby genius!!!! Good luck!! congrats!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my baby says mummm mummm a lot right now. but i know he is not really saying mom. he is just putting sounds together. he is 6 mo old. he has said dadadada and gagaga before too
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have video of me talking at 5 months old. I could say mama, daddy, kitty, and paw-paw. So yeah, I think it's possible. Both of my children could speak in full sentences by 12 months. All babies are different. Maybe you have a really smart kid on your hands, you never know.

Anonymous

• i think hes just discovered a new sound.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my 2yr old started talking at 4months..and now he talks english and spanish....my 4month old says mama and dadda...so it depends on the kids
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It is just a sound that they make when they cry sometimes. A baby at that age cannot put names together. The baby recognizes you but does not know to call you mom or dad. My son started saying dada early but I know he does not know what he is saying b/c his dad does not live in the house with us.
    Anonymous

• my baby is 4 months old today and for about a month or so has been saying ahhh gooo and mumumum
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 5:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009