Can you imagine this?

Try to imagine that there is absolutely no RELIGION in this world. Try to imagine how you would respond to any other human being on the planet if and when you would meet them. Mind you, I am a Christian and I believe in God. This is a hypothetical question to get you to think outside the box of "religion".

I try to think of this whenever I have a chance to converse with someone, especially getting to know someone new. Being a Christian doesn't mean that I have to talk about Christ right from the get-go whenever a new person crossses my path. Can you, whatever religion you practice, imagine yourself talking to someone & getting to know them for who they are? This is how relationships are formed. From those relationships, you may then go on to share your common and/or different thoughts on all types of subjects, religion included.

People are people. Get to KNOW someone today!

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 4:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Great post!!

I am a fellow Christian, and I don't understand why some Christians feel they have to throw Christ into everyone's face. I am so in love with Jesus -and everyone around me knows it! But I don't go around trying to shove Him down everyone's throat.

One of my very best friends is Pagan. She and I get into some of the most in-depth conversations on spirituality and religion. Imagine my surprise when I found how alike some of our beliefs were!

Don't judge on religion. You may miss out on a great friendship.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Honestly, I don't think three quarters of the people I know even know what my religion is! It isn't something that routinely comes up in conversation with acquaintances. My BIL was surprised to hear what faith I practice when dh mentioned it in passing... so yes, I definitely get to know people without caring much what their religious beliefs are. So long as they are good people it's all the same to me!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree.
    Frankly, thats how Ive always done it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Me too. :)
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Me three!
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 5:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree.There are lots of things I don't bring up right from the get go.I am not a cookie cutter type person so some people think I am a little odd in my beliefs,religious and otherwise.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 5:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• yep. when I talk to people religion almost never comes up. So that's how it is for me every day...unless I'm here. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Right there with you- it is the signage and everyday intrusions into MY life by the (christians) around me in my community that makes ME want to talk about MY beliefs... which I mostly do on here LOL

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Honestly, I think the bible sets the standard for morality so without it I think the world would be full anarchy out of sheer ignorance.

That doesn't mean that the first thing I say when I meet people is, "Hi, are you a christian because I am and that's the only way I'll talk to you"
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009