intercourse after delivery

I was wondering if any of you had the same problem: My DH and I had sex after about 6-7 weeks after my C-section for the first time. And afterwards it really hurt and burnt "down there". I thought it was only because it was the first time in a long time, but it happened 1-2 more times. Is that "normal" or should I go see the doc asap, because something might be wrong. I heard it is uncomfortable in the beginning, but I have no problems during, only after sex.

januarymom81

Asked by januarymom81 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its normal.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's normal, but if it continues, go see the doc cause they can give you ointment to help deal with the pain. It's the consistency of KY, but has lidocaine in it. It doesn't completely numb things, you wouldn't want that...but it makes it where it doesn't hurt on insertion. Good Luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• its normal. for some people it continues for a couple months til everything goes back to normal.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 4:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• yea i didnt have c-section and i had intercorse 2 weeks after my daughter and it hurt for 2days and after that i was fine (my dd is 4months though
    Anonymous

• Yeah sex will hurt for awhile. Make sure to let him know to be extremely gentle until you're "broken in" again... that and lube up!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Remember, when they cut you, they also cut you inside, not just the skin, that's probably what's hurting you. Just tell hubby to go gentle.
    Anonymous