why is my tail bone hurting so much?

for about 3 months now my tail bone hutrs like crazy. espically when i'm sitting down and have to get up. very painful. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• ive sprained my tailbone a few times ... dont ask me how i did it more than once lol. butyou may have hurt it sometime that you didnt notice and its bruised badly.

it may feel fine overtime, or it may hurt permanently like mine does.. i have to kind of sit on one butt cheek instead of flat.. or if i do sit flat i have to change positions constantly.

it also hurts standing up after sitting for so long.... try sitting on a cushony pillow for a while if youre siting on a flat surface just so you dont irritate it
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Did you just have a baby? You can break your tail bone after birth and there's no way to really fix it but time.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• are you doing sit ups? If your doing sit ups incorrectly, they can really have a hard impact on your tail bone. Trust me, i learned this the hard way. My tail bone hurt for about a month from not doing sit ups right. You could have also fell on it, and not realized you bruised a bone or something.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009