just a regular religious question about faith...

my neighbor and i have been not talking for 2 yrs,,we have tried to talk and apologize but nothing.she keeps doing these real passive aggressive things.i am trying to be good. ignoring her not staring.but my question is or i feel like i am living the life of job..i am staying good.but she keeps going and going..its like i tried to pray to GOD and end this.yet this person is so mean.where is God and why is he working for her and not for me.why does he let her have all the friends and everyone laugh at me..when i am trying so hard to be nice or normal.i am questioning my faith.its like with job i feel as if i am being tested.i cant stand this anymore.my feelings are so hurt.i stay so to my self.i dont understand.i dont care what religion you are i am not like that.i dont care if you are wicon or athiest.i just need some answers...christian or non christian

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• this is gonna sound weird, but have you ever heard the song "unanswered prayers" by garth brooks. there may be a reason why God hasn't answered the prayer the way that you had hoped. i also believes that everything happens for a reason. you may not understand why things happen the way they do right away, but maybe one day you will look back on this and understand.
    i would like to make this clear, i am a Christian. these are the way that i feel. im not saying that im right or saying that any other answers are wrong. so please-for anyone reading, please do not bash my answer thanks :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Sometimes mean people are just mean people.
    Its not a matter of how hard you are praying or your belief in God or your neighbors belief in God,etc.
    She's human and she's chosen to be mean and petty. Let her.
    You know better than to act like her and have gone down that road. Eventually her path will catch up with her.
    I think just ignoring her and going about your life and pretending she's not a factor is the best way to deal with her and whatever it is she's doing. You cant change her and she isnt ready to change. Cant be forced even by God.
    We all have trials to deal with in life....just breathe deep and think of what you've learned and how you've grown because of it and move on.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You seem as if your envious of her. You need to stop worrying about her & how many friends she has & start counting your own blessings. And remember, god loves her to. And the bible tells us to pray first for our enemies, maybe you should try that. just curious because you seemed to have implied it, it this over religious differences?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Unanswered prayers. I used to pray to God every night when I was in college that my BF at the time would love me as much as I did him. I cried, I prayed and prayed. He would not show up for dates, he would look forward to going out with friends and not me. He would tell me I needed to be more like this person or that person, never was he happy with me. I tried to change, then one day I met this guy. We became friends and laughed and argued and it made us better friends. Then one day he hugged me and it felt right. I felt safe and complete. No lust, just a feeling of "you complete me". It was then I got the words to unanswered prayers. God didn't answer the prayer of the young woman because there was the right person for me on the way. We have been married with 3 children for over 20 years. I am glad for that unanswered prayer.
    Anonymous

• We have neighbors from hell. I mean that ! They have done evil, horrible things! ...I would tell you, but I don't want to steal your post. What I am saying is I know how you feel. We have lived with them for over 4 years! What do I do? Pray! Pray for them and pray for myself. I have resigned as general manager of the universe. I cannot control them, nor change them...I am only responsible for me.
    When Job questioned God...God answered him with more questions than answers. We do not know why God does what he does.....That's why we need to have faith! We need to believe that he knows why he is doing what he is doing. Let Go and Let God.
    My lesson from having neighbors from hell was to 'fear not, I am with you'. In the midst of gun fire...God kept us safe. Surrounded by terror...we went unharmed! Look for the lessons and you will find them. What is God trying to teach you?
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would first look in the mirror and see if there's anything that YOU have done that could be considered a less-than-Christian thing to do. Have you been envious of her? Have you gossiped about her behind her back or slandered her name? Have you secretly wished ill of her? You need to check yourself and make sure you haven't sinned against her and not realized it. Then you can ask forgiveness.

Keep praying as well. And remember - God answers ALL prayers. It's just sometimes he tells us no.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• we have sinned against each other ..i know it and admit it..she wont.i have apologized.am i envious?yes alitlle.i know that is one of the commandments kind of..why does she have friends and no reprocautions come her way only mine...the fight isnt over religion i guess we are both christians.i would never bash any one over religion.you believe what you believe.and thats ok/we both have gossiped.only i have stopped and i keep hearing things about what she has said.this is what i dont understand..
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would love her God soul and let the rest of it fall away. Bless her and just try to be the best example of a GOD-loving person that you can be. My neighbor used to get on my nerves all the time and then one day we turned out to be her "heroes" (long story) and ever since then she hasn't been a bother. I'm telling you Love never goes unanswered. You don't have to love her as a person but you can always love the spark of her that is GOD. And let GOD take care of the rest.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You are going to have to be the bigger person and ignore the gossip. Fight it with your actions. And do not continue to give her the power over you... you have to let this go. All of the time you spend on this- she is *winning*.

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• All prayers are answered at one time or another. I am muslim and if this were happening to me.. i would be thinking GOD is saving me from something, testing me, calling me to learn lessons. I would look for the lessons in it. gossip is forbidden in islam, so is envy except in good matters and those are matters that have to do with righteousness, religion, piety not with worldy affairs. I hope you find comfort and ease in your affairs and be guided.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009