How do I get him to sleep later?

My 6 month old wakes up between 5:45 and 7:30 every morning no matter what time he goes to bed.

Jamie.143

Asked by Jamie.143 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's a baby for you, unfortunately. You could try black-out shades in his room and see if that helps. Also, if you have a sound machine running in his room, that might help him sleep through any outside noise that might be waking him.
    leahjoy

Answer by leahjoy at 4:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Hmmm, he's probably wet or hungry. Have you added cereal to his bottle? Might fill him up longer.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't think there is anything you can do but consider yourself lucky. My almost 2month old drinks his last bottle at 1:30 and is up again at 3:00 and then again at 6am and so on. I feel your pain but it sounds like that's the schedule that he's set for himself. The older he gets the more he will sleep (hopefully).

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• what time is his last nap before bed time? how many naps does he take a day? if his last nap is close to his bed time like 2hours or less try cutting out that nap and see if it helps. if not then im sorry i was no help. off topic but i would love for my boy to be an early bird like that mine stays up late and sleeps til 9am and i hate it cuz i feel like ive wasted the day away already. good luck hun i hope something works for you.
    jeanboyd

Answer by jeanboyd at 5:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with the other post that said to get darker shades for his room. The light ALWAYS woke and wakes my son up. In darker areas he should sleep longer. and if he still wakes up in the middle of the night make sure to change him then, and if not then change him RIGHT before you go to bed, that way he's either not wet, or not wet enough to wake up. Maybe try cereal in his bottle before bed, and that should work. If not I can give you more tips. Message me and let me know how it goes =] good luck
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my son is 10 months old, and no matter what I do, he is still up everyday by 630am..... Try all the tricks, darken room, music, waking him before i go to bed for one last feeding all of it and nothing still up at 630am...
    My doc said he just may be an early riser or he may grow out of it.....
    Sorry im no help
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 12:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Between 5.45 and 7.30 is considered morning, if you ask me. Just get up and enjoy your morning with your baby. Don't put him to bed later, that will just make him cranky.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009