Is it wrong to have daddy at the baby shower??

My grandmother keeps insisting that i have no men at the baby shower what so ever but I want my husband there! he has the right i believe he is the father and my husband and i want him to be involved as much as possible! do you agree or disagree with me??

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my husband was at my baby shower.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• In the past, it was just a fun thing for the women to do. If you want to change it, do it. Your grandma is just from a different time and wants to keep with tradition. It's not a bad thing, either way. Do what makes you happy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My DH was at my first baby shower. Baby showers have changed to where they can include men and women now. It was my DH's choice if he wanted to be there or not. For our last shower, for DS, he didn't go to the shower, he wanted to have a diaper party instead.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My first baby shower i wanted my man to be there, I think they should be invited, However my mother refused to throw a shower for me, since i wanted men to be there, Guess what, Momma isn;t throwing a shower for this baby either, I want my man to be there, and his family agrees, he should be there, To see it and be apart of it, and so that he can say thank you . My cousins babys dad was invited but didn't show, so she just told everyone that he wasn't invited, it was fun to be at a tradional one, but I think that the husband should be there. Everyone is different though
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You have anyone at your shower that you please!! I had a jack n jill type shower. Actually, it was more like a bbq. There was tons of food. My sister was the host, but dh actually ended up doing just about everything. It was great. Dh was making daiquiris for everyone (virgin for me) It started at 1pm, and we still had people there at 10pm. It was so much fun!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't think it matters either way...but he may like to do something other than hang out with a bunch of women...he will see the gifts when you get home. (and he will be involved when he gets to put it all together lol) I can see your point and if he really wants to go it should be fine. I see some men at showers to help load at the end, but I never really see them during the shower.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think it is okay to have him there. But, depending whether or not your shower is co-ed. If it is just for girls, there is nothing wrong with having him there to help open gifts. Have him come to the shower like the last hour to help you open gifts. This is what we did at my shower, my DH came just to help with gifts. It's cute.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 5:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think men should be allowed. It's their baby too. At my shower their wasn't any men there. They all went out for drinks I think or to eat. Can't remember it was back in 1997.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The way my 1nd was planned he didnt want to be there, I it was just a bunch of girlfriends and family that was only girls. He had no interest. But my 2nd one was like another poster said a BBQ, it was all co-ed all of us had kids that played together and such and husbands came too. It depends on what type of "theme" you are going for. But if you want him there they should accomodate that, it is for you after all.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We had a co-ed shower...both of them...and they were both very nice!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009