Has anyone ever had to go before the superintendent of schools for a reinstatement after your child has been suspended?

I don't know what to expect and was looking for a heads up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If your child was just suspended, you shouldn't have to. If he was expelled then yes you would have to. Never had to deal with that and I hope I never do. I wouldn't be having my kid reinstated after expulsion, he would be going to military school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Wow thats harsh, there could be a million what ifs to the situation, I just went through a situation I never thought I would see. My son carried a knife to school to defend himself against a gang member who had scared him, by threatening to kill him. Yeah it was a stupid ass move, he is now in AEP Alternative Education Program. I wont go into all the discipline he is facing or go through what all he lost, but he is suffering. He tried to tell his counselor and she said he was exaggerating. Once it was all said and done this same gang member jumped my son and no one did anything no he is threatening to kill my son and my kid made a bad choice.......HE was already into the Young Marines, Martial Arts And more so why would I send him to military school??????????
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 1:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It all depends on the board. My brother went through this, and won his case. It was for having marijuana on him during a school field trip. (really dumb move on his part, since it was an anti-drug education field trip). Anyways he was caught, and he had to face the school about it. Mostly the school handed the case to the police to deal with, while allowing him to continue with his schooling. He had to go to court and got a $250 fine and 30 days community service.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009