riding grey hound with small child???

ok so im going from virginia to texas via grey hound. i know suckfest lol. ok heres my question the website didnt really specify to much on baggage...so can i have 1 carry on for me and 1 carry on for my child or is it just 1 carry on total? oh and by the way the child is 14 months. i know the carryon cant be longer than 62in and under 25lbs. but i am so lost ive never been on a bus except a school bus ive never traveled with my son before so ANY advice would be awesome and very appreciated. thank you for getting thru my novel and thanks in advance for the advice.

jeanboyd

Asked by jeanboyd at 5:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Travel

• if you bought him a ticket he is allowed to have his own carry on. however even if you didnt buy him a ticket i believe you can have your carry on plus his diaper bag. You are a brave person for traveling grayhound with a little one good luck and hopefully things will go well. just remember that everytime they let you off to stretch even if its just for 5mins your going to want to get off the bus for your little ones sake. you will have more room if you sit in the very back if that happens to be a option it might not be. hopefully your trip wont take long.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I know that you are planning to use Grey Hound, but have you considered Amtrak? The train would be much more comfortable for both of you and the little one would have room to move around. Check their fares for your destination, they may be inexpensive.

Whatever option you use, I pray you will have safe travels.
    ledesa

Answer by ledesa at 1:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i did actually but amtrak doesnt have a station near where i need to go. we would have to drive 2 hours to get from the station to my sisters place. with grey hound its only a 1 hour drive.
    jeanboyd

Answer by jeanboyd at 2:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009