which version of the Bible do you have?

I use the King James and the New King James versions, i have heard that the Cambridge 83 KING JAMES is the most correct English version of Bibles,

ashleyamanda

Asked by ashleyamanda at 5:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've worn out my KJV! LOL. So I have the KJV and the Holman Standard Version. In some ways, the KJV is the most accurate, in others not so much. Whichever version you use though, it's always good to dig out the original language in a Stong's Concordance... BUT usually, you have to have a KJV to do that.
    vicki1130

Answer by vicki1130 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I like the KJV, the NIV and the New Living Translation (which is direct from the origional Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic writings).
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• NKJV
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I like the King James version (for reading) and the New International Version (for Bible Study).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have a parallel (shows both on one page) edition of New Livng Translation and KJV. I also have NIV and The Message on my bookshelf. I use NLT to read/study and The Message to read from when I'm in more of a "fun" reading mood. I love the modern language of it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• NKJV for me. I have a NIV that I use as well. esp whe reading to my kids.
    I also read the ESV online.
    and I like my Hebrew-Greek Bible Concordance.

I was raised with King James and I like to read from it as well.It is poetic soundning and it's what I memorized as a Child- so I read KJV, too
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• KJV
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• KJV
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• ive actually been told numerous times that the KJV is the worst translation of the Bible available & that the English Standard Version is most accurate. but i was told lots of things in the church i grew up in.

i use New America Standard or NIV. they are the easiest to understand IMO
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• KJV
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009