Would you be mad if your brother told you that his girlfriend is pregnant

My brother just told me last night that his GF is preggo, not sure how i should feel upset or just be happy. (BTW my brother is 21 and his GF is 18

Asked by hmsfroggy at 11:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no you should be happy for them

Answer by smtwngrl_27 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• with my religion it makes it hard

Answer by hmsfroggy at 11:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You should be happy for them. They are adults and it was their choice. Family should support one another regardless.

Answer by Mama_strawberry at 11:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• He made his bed and he is gonna have to sleep in it. Just be a supportive sister. I know that is hard, but in the end he will appreciate you.

Answer by Lainee21106 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Take 3 days to think about it ...that is my rule when I am upset or disturbed by something. It usually becomes clearer after that amount of time. take care!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My bf & I got pregnant the first time when I was 17 & he was 22. Sounds bad, btu as long as the girl is mature enough & the couple really loves each other & can afford a baby, why not?? Juts be happy that you're going to be an Auntie. :)

Answer by kayla-nicole at 11:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Nothing you can do but be supportive... will make things harder if you make it so.

Answer by lynn63042 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would be very upset, but I would still love them and be there for them emotionally...and do my best to help his girlfriend with any pregnancy/parenting questions or concerns she may have.

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well, I was the girlfriend! You certainly have a right to your feelings and opinions. Just make sure that before you voice them to your brother and his significant other, that it is done out of love and a desire to help. If you need to vent take it elsewhere.

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i was 18& SO 21. our DD is 10 months old and we're all happier than we've ever been. having our daughter when we did was a great decision for our family!
    if she is willing to grow up and become a mother, and him do the same and be a father. then yes be happy!

a child is a blessing no matter what the situation

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 1:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008