ok ladies what do you think?

I went to the doc. this morning and they told me that my blood pressure was 140/100 so they sent my to l&d and when I got there my blood pressure was normal and they checked me for about 6 hours and my blood pressure was normal the whole time, I think they messed up at the doc. office! Anyway I didn't have ANY signs of pre-e, but the doc. sent me home with orders of bedrest and pelvic rest and to call him if my water breaks. I am 38 and 2 days and I am wondering if he thinks I may go into labor soon, what do you think? I was told today that the baby was VERY low in the canal and I can tell cause I have the worst pressure down there like something is going to pop out anytime!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's over kill to be on bed rest if you BP is normal. Seriously?! I would ask his reasoning for this, as well as pelvic rest to be honest.

You could go any time but you still have a few weeks before you need to worry! :) good luck! I would call and ask his reasoning though. If you have zero complications, I don't understand bed/pelvic rest at all!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• could be that you were a tad stressed when they took your blood pressure at the office. and for whatever reason went back down. its normal and it happens.
    yes you could go into labor soon you are at term and if baby is low then its always a possiblity. are you dialted yet?
    i dont understand why he would put you on bed rest this far into pregnancy but i guess you better follow his orders other wise i would tell you to go for a walk lol maybe that would help start contractions. always listen to your dr though he knows best.
    Anonymous

• well I don't think I am dialated any when he checked me this morning he didn't say anything about it, and he just tells me that my cervix feel the way it should for this time in my pregnancy, whatever that means! I don't understand why he would put me on bed/pelvic rest either, I am full term and they did an u/s and said the baby was healthy and good to go, I just want to do some jumping jacks or go for a walk lol I don't see what the harm would be, but I am going to listen to my doc. he is obviously doing this for a reason!
    Anonymous

• thats overkill on bed and pelvic rest your baby is considered term at 38 weeks so as long as your pressure is normal and there are no other problem with the baby i would continue with your routine..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 5:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yeah that's definite over kill especially being 38 weeks. If you did go into labor right now it would likely be just fine. Though I don't agree with inductions at 38 weeks, spontaneous labor is something entirely different. I would be very willing to bet that your "high BP" reading at the office was because of being uncomfortable and maybe a little nervous. If at 38 weeks your baby has "dropped" then you are right on track. Spontaneous labor could happen any time from now on. Full term is from 38-42 weeks. (I still don't understand why they say anything over 40 weeks is over due if 42 is still considered term)
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 5:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If you are 38 weeks and 2 days i would say SCREW the bed rest. Your baby will come when he/she is ready. My son was three and a half weeks early and .4 oz away from nine pounds. He is healthy and just fine. He came when he was ready. Good luck and I hope you see your little baby soon =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You are far enough along you shouldn't need bed/pelvic rest. I had our 1st son 3 weeks early and he is great!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well today I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 137/95 usually its around 110/60. and when I got to the hospital they did all the tests and gave me the 24 hr urine test, so I get to keep my pee. but after i had three high blood pressures it came back down to 124/74 so they said it was normal. I still dont feel good but they sent me home and told me not to eat salt! but they didnt put me on bed rest, and i have been twice for blood work to see if i have pre-e and have had NST done too, so its strange your on bed rest... I'd be trying to walk the baby out!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009