23 weeks and having some straining pains

Hi ladies!! I'm 23 weeks now and I caught a bit of a head cold, the cold is pretty much gone but the cough is lingering... For some reason everytime I cough I feel a straining pain in my left side of my stomach... it feels like a muscle pulling and hurts bad.. (ONLY WHEN I COUGH) could it hurt tht baby??

dixieQT

Asked by dixieQT at 5:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if it could hurt the baby, but I am 24 weeks and have had a similar feeling. it also happens if i twist the wrong way though. I plan on asking my doc at my next appointment.

I hope we'll get over it soon... don't you?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have that sometimes when I sneeze (I'm sure I would also have it if I had a bad cough). I don't really have an answer for you (sorry!) but it never caused any problems for me...I think it's just one of the many lovely aches and pains that come with pregnancy! :) I'm due in 7 weeks.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well knowing that it's not just me makes e feel ALOT better!!! THANKS
    dixieQT

Answer by dixieQT at 5:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Your baby is probablly laying on your left side. im 38 weeks and my right side ALWAYS hurts...i mentioned it to my ob and when i went for an ultra sound they confirmed that she was on my right....i just give her a little nudge when it hurts too much and she usually moves off. Plus your ligaments are stretching to support your uterus. Dont worry too much =)
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009